Good Afternoon, Clients & Partners,
Below please find our latest industry update.
As always, we will keep you posted on any impacts to your cargo on an individual shipment level. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
The port has reported strong winds during the week.
- Pier 1 : 0 days
- Pier 2 : 0 days
- Durban Point : 2 days
Berthing delays at terminals in Cape Town have improved, however the port experienced windy weather this week.
- CTCT : 5-7 days
- MPT : 2 days
No changes to berthing delays experienced in recent weeks. The port has reported strong winds during the week.
- PECT : 0-2 days
- NCT : 0-1 day
AFRICA & INDIAN OCEAN ISLANDS
Port congestion in West African ports continues to be experienced leading to increased delays and affecting overall transit times published on our services.
- Increased berthing delay of 3 days experienced at Port Louis.
- Reduced berthing delays of 3 days experienced at Luanda port.
- No berthing delays experienced at Tema port.
- No berthing delays experienced at Apapa port.
- Berthing delay of 2 days experienced at Dar es Salaam port.
- Berthing delays of 2 days experienced at Mombasa port.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Maputo port.
- Reduced berthing delay of 3 days experienced at Walvis Bay port.
Due to Sever weather conditions, vessels heading to North America via the North Atlantic Sea areexpected to have a change in scheduling. As a result of the recent slowdown of operations in Los Angeles and Long Beach the ports have resumed normal operations but are still experiencing heavy congestion. Please expect delays.
- New York / New Jersey: Vessel waiting time is up to 1 day. Import Dwell time at APM terminal is 1 day.
- Norfolk: Vessel waiting time is up to 1 day. Two cranes down at Norfolk Int’l Terminal, however, no negative impact in the week.
- Savannah: Vessel waiting time is up to 3 days.
- Charleston: Vessel waiting time is down to 1 day.
- Miami/Port Everglades: Vessel waiting time is up to 2 days.
- Houston: Vessel waiting time is 1 day.
- Los Angeles / Long Beach: Vessel waiting time is up to 4 days.
- Seattle: Vessel waiting time 3 days.
- Oakland: Vessel waiting time 3 days.
BNSF – Rail ramp is currently experiencing congestion in Chicago, Columbus, and Los Angeles. There are delays in picking-up and delivering containers at these locations.
- No berth congestion and ships are working immediately once alongside. Rail productivity remains below expectations due to reduced car supply by both rail providers. Dwell times remain high at 6.1 days and will remain this high as both railcar supply remain inconsistent.
- Vessels are arriving on proforma schedule. Once alongside, productivity is stable and vessel changes are not expected. There are no issues with labor availability, and we are seeing good productivity in the yard. Import rail dwell times are at 2.6 day as car supply remains healthy.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Santos port.
NORTH WEST CONTINENT, UNITED KINGDOM, MEDITERRANEAN
Vessel schedule delays continue to impact the region. Amended port rotations and port omissions on the carrier services, as well as vessel changes, cascading / rolled schedules and blank sailings may result in amended LCL cargo loading schedules. Import containers from the region destined for Cape Town with MSC as the shipping line is experienceding severe delays on the MSC Shosholoza feeder service from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town where containers are being rolled more than once.
- Berthing delay of 2 days experienced at Antwerp port. AGW Terminal received 3 new gantry cranes currently undergoing testing, will be available for full operations during the summer.
- Berthing delay of 2 days experienced at Hamburg port and 1 day at Bremerhaven port. Hamburg CTB terminal closure on 1st May due to public holiday (Labour Day) resulted in no backlog and only minimum operational impact.
- Berthing delay of 3 days experienced at London Gateway port. Dredging works planned for next week with minimum impact to operations. Busy line-up this week but all vessels with a berth window.
- Berthing delays of 2 days experienced at Barcelona port.
- Reduced berthing delays of 3 days experienced at Genova port, while a berthing delay of 2 days experienced at La Spezia port.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Rotterdam port. Port of Rotterdam had a busy last week which led to smaller delays due to Pilot and Tugboat capacity shortages. Announced two days of pier works successfully completed.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Le Havre port and 3 days and Fos-sur-Mer. Terminals are continuing with the positive trend. Yards are reducing and vessel congestion is nullified.
INDIAN SUB-CONTINENT and MIDDLE EAST
Loading schedules from these regions continue to be planned around released carrier schedules, therefore packing dates, and intended sailing dates are subject to change. Middle East and Indian Sub-Continent carrier capacity remains available from the region, and delays in vessel scheduling remains the only challenge impacting the region.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Nhava Sheva and Chennai ports. Only one berth available at Nhava Sheva GTI due to terminal upgrade.
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Jebel Ali port.
Most ports and terminals are operating efficiently with the only delays being experienced being on vessel scheduling. Hazardous commodity acceptance out of China remains a challenge as approval for loading remains subject to carriers’ stringent acceptance protocols.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced. Trucking services from China into Kong Kong are fully functional.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Kaohsiung port.
SHANGHAI / NINGBO:
- Berthing delay of 2 days experienced at Shanghai port and 3 days experienced at Ningbo port. In Ningbo, Dredging is expected to complete by second week of May.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced. Vessel bunching experienced at the port.
- Berthing delay of 2 days experienced.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Busan port. Vessel bunching occurred outside the port.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced at Hai Phong and Ho Chi Minh ports.
- Berthing delay of 1 day experienced.
That concludes the trade update for this week folks. Please get in touch with any questions, we are always ready to jump in and assist.
JJ & The Inter-Sped team